Saturday, February 27, 2010

teaser

On Thursday my dad and I went to the beach. We brought the puppy along. It was a nice day- no wind and not too cold. I like the big puffy clouds. They are much nicer than the solid sheet of gray that covers the Oregon sky in the winter months.



Here's Baxter. He likes seashells, but does not like being on the leash.


What were we doing at the beach, you ask? My dad was catching these guys. Razor clams. You watch for their holes when the water goes out, and then you dig for them. Or so I'm told. I don't go in the water. I sit in the truck and read my book while he digs.
Then it's time for my job- preparing clams. I've never even eaten them before, much less cooked them. Flour, egg, crushed saltine crackers.
Here they are, all battered and beautiful. Then you fry them. They stink really bad when you fry them. They don't taste that great either, in my opinion. Kind of like calamari or something chewy. Eh, I could take it or leave it.
Well, there's a little glimpse into life here in Oregon. And a little teaser for those of you who are coming to visit in June! We're planning a big beach trip for all out of town guests on Thursday, June 24th. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment